Nom-Rating: **** (4/5)
This cake is not fancy, made from scratch, full of complex flavors, or difficult to make.
BUT, it is delicious!
How can it not be?!? It’s loaded full of chocolate and peanut butter!
Follow the recipe below using what I did (in parentheses) or be creative and use flavors that you love!
- 1 boxed cake mix (plus ingredients necessary to bake cake as instructed on box)
- 1 box of pudding mix (plus ingredients necessary to make pudding as instructed on box)
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (optional)
- 1 tub whipped topping
- 1 cup small candies (for example, chopped peanut butter cups or mini Reese's pieces)
- Bake a cake (Chocolate Fudge) as instructed on the box or recipe.
- While the cake is baking, make a box of pudding (chocolate) as instructed on box.
- When the cake is done, poke lots of holes in the top with the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Pour a can of sweetened condensed milk on top and allow the cake to soak it up.
- Slightly heat (just so that it's pourable and easily spreadable) 1/2 cup of peanut butter and pour on top of cake- you could definitely leave this step out if peanut butter doesn't fit with your flavor theme.
- Spread pudding on top of peanut butter.
- Spread a container of cool whip on top of pudding.
- Allow cake to refrigerate for at least a couple of hours before eating (overnight is best).
- Right before serving, sprinkle with candies (chopped peanut butter cups and mini Reese's pieces).