Nom-Rating: ****** (6/5)
AKA Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
These are good.
Even Mr. Torres thought so.
Which doesn’t mean anything seeing as how Mr. Torres likes all cookies.
Or maybe he just eats all cookies…
Anyway, Mr. Torres liked these.
I really kind of thought these were my favorite cookies…peanut butter, chocolate, bananas…a combination of so many wonderful things!
But those don’t even compare with this copycat Chick-Fil-A Chocolate Chunk Cookie recipe.
Which took a little work to get just right.
The first batch tasted delicious, but (to put it mildly) lacked a bit in appearance.
The second batch also tasted delicious, but still didn’t look right.
Batch three was pretty close.
And by the time I made it to batch four…so many cookies!…things were just right!
So make these and love them and thank Chick-fil-A for the inspiration for such a downright delicious chocolate chunk cookie:)
Have your batches turned out well?
Verdict: I was really impressed the first time I tried Chick-Fil-A’s chocolate chunk cookies. They really got it right. Since I’m not really one to buy pre-made cookies, I figured it would be pretty easy to find a good copycat recipe online. I looked through blogs and read comments and tried this one, which wasn’t bad, but seemed to be missing something. I made a few tweaks and after four batches, I think I’ve found something that is pretty close. And even if it’s not perfect, this recipe still makes some delicious cookies!
Note: I originally included cinnamon in the recipe, but after some suggestions and a couple of tests, I’ve taken it out:)
Leave me a comment and let me know what works for you!
Nom-Rating: ****** (6/5)
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored Crisco
- 1 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbs molasses (decrease to 1/2 Tbs if using blackstrap)
- 2 Tbs corn syrup (increase to 2 1/2 if using blackstrap molasses)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chunks (I could only find dark chocolate chunks, but Chick-fil-A uses milk chocolate)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350* F
- Beat the butter, Crisco, brown sugar, and sugar until fluffy (or fluffy-ish)
- Add in the molasses, corn syrup and vanilla
- Add the eggs and beat until well incorporated
- Mix in all of the dry ingredients except for the chocolate
- Stir in the chocolate chunks and chips
- Allow dough to chill for about fifteen to thirty minutes (depending on how patient you are...I did fifteen)
- Roll dough into balls and place on a cookie sheet
- Bake small cookies for nine minutes, adding time if making larger cookies