Nom-Rating: ****** (6/5)
AKA Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
These are good.
I really kind of thought these were my favorite cookies…peanut butter, chocolate, bananas…a combination of so many wonderful things! But then I tried the chocolate chip cookies at Chick fil A and knew I needed to figure out how to make them at home!
There were a few copycat recipes available so I tried those first, but none were really that close to the deliciousness of a true Chick fil A cookie. It took quite a bit of work, but I think the time and effort has paid off!
The first batch tasted delicious, but (to put it mildly) lacked a bit in appearance.
The second batch also tasted delicious, but still didn’t look right.
Batch three was pretty close.
And by the time I made it to batch four…so many cookies!…things were just right!
So make these and love them and thank Chick-fil-A for the inspiration for such a downright delicious chocolate chip cookie:)
Verdict: I was really impressed the first time I tried Chick-Fil-A’s chocolate chip cookies. They really got it right. Since I’m not really one to buy pre-made cookies, I figured it would be pretty easy to find a good copycat recipe online. I looked through blogs and read comments and tried this one, which wasn’t bad, but seemed to be missing something. I made a few tweaks and after four batches, I think I’ve found something that is pretty close. And even if it’s not perfect, this recipe still makes some delicious cookies!
Note: I originally included cinnamon in the recipe, but after some suggestions and a couple of tests, I’ve taken it out:)
Leave me a comment and let me know what works for you!
Nom-Rating: ****** (6/5)
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored Crisco
- 1 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbs molasses (decrease to 1/2 Tbs if using blackstrap)
- 2 Tbs corn syrup (increase to 2 1/2 if using blackstrap molasses)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chunks (I could only find dark chocolate chunks, but Chick-fil-A uses milk chocolate)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350* F
- Beat the butter, Crisco, brown sugar, and sugar until fluffy (or fluffy-ish)
- Add in the molasses, corn syrup and vanilla
- Add the eggs and beat until well incorporated
- Mix in all of the dry ingredients except for the chocolate
- Stir in the chocolate chunks and chips
- Allow dough to chill for about fifteen to thirty minutes (depending on how patient you are...I did fifteen)
- Roll dough into balls and place on a cookie sheet
- Bake small cookies for nine minutes, adding time if making larger cookies