Rating: ***** (5/5)
About a year ago, I shared a recipe for brownies that were chock full of peanut butter-black bean-chocolatey goodness:) Since that time, it has become one of Mr. Torres and my favorite desserts!
So when I ran across the idea of making a black bean cookie, I knew I had to try it! This recipe is a winner because it uses only a handful of ingredients, comes together quickly, and makes some seriously fudgy cookies!
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbs cocoa powder
- 1/2 Tbs cinnamon
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 Tbs vanilla
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup (or more) chocolate chips, M&Ms, or other add-ins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add all ingredients (except add-ins) to a food processor and blend until smooth
- Stir in chocolate chips (you may need to transfer to a bowl in order to stir mixture)
- Roll into 1-2 inch balls (depending on desired size) and place on a greased cookie sheet
- Flatten slightly with a fork before baking for 11-12 minutes
Based on a recipe from Kumquatblog.com
Verdict: One of my favorite things to do (should I feel bad about this?!?) is to wait until someone decides whether they like a recipe or not before telling them what the main ingredient is:) These cookies were labeled as delicious before AND after the black bean reveal! Success!