1. I made some goals for 2014 and did a great job on most of them….
- No competitive races- Success!
- Experience something that is distinctly Houston or big-city at least once per quarter- Let’s see…Houston Rodeo, Dynamo game, Rockets game, downtown NYE party, does visiting Galveston count?!? I think this one is a success:)
- Finish decorating the living room and dining room- 96% Success! There are two more things on my to-do list for the living room and one of them (LoveSac covers) was a Christmas gift from Mr. Torres (should be delivered soon)!
- Get a job- As of August, this one was a success!
2. Unfortunately, one of my goals was a complete fail…
- Read one recommended book and one old favorite book each month- Total failure! I was doing really well while not working, but once August hit, I really slacked on this goal:P
3. Of course I have some new goals for 2015!
- Add at least 2 blog posts per month…even during the school year:P
- Go to a concert
- Install at least 1 raised bed in the back yard and fill it full of delicious fruits and veggies
- Initiate at least 1 social activity per month
- Finish the guest bathroom (paint, new towels, new decor)
4. Mr. Torres and I have this little question book that has a question for each day and places for each of us to write our answers for three years.
We’ve had fun filling it out (mostly…some of the questions are a bit controversial and some are just plain odd).
One of the last questions we answered in 2014 asked us for one word to describe the year and as I thought back on all the good memories from the last 12 months, I had to choose TOGETHER.
Because no matter which memory I was lingering on, I was together with someone or someones that I love.
I am so thankful that my together memories outweigh any apart memories that I may have from when I was feeling sorry for myself or was having a bad attitude.
5. Here are some of my favorite together pictures from 2014<3
Planning ski runs together in Red River.
Together in Greece with Mr. Torres and some new-found friends.
Lots of together time with this sister since we now only live four and a half hours apart.
Thanksgiving together…including singing some Thanksgiving songs:)
And my favorite picture of 2014…
The whole family TOGETHER for Christmas<3